Saturday, October 11, 2014

Staying busy and sadly entertained



Less than a week here and I am plenty busy in the office and have more than enough to manage.  
I'm not sure I'm getting used to anything but my focus is truly day by day- get through the day, exercise, eat, watch TV and sleep.  Hopefully find an expat to chat with for some familiarity.  
It is however nice to work with the locals and share our learning  and experience. 

Weekends I am the only one in my office and can dress down which is nice. Lonely though so may have to work in another building sometimes. 
Here is the Lenine building. Not bad but Chicala building is much nicer. 

Another nice view from my office. 
My next truck. I have seen some nice cars here- Porche, Jaguars, Mercedes, Range Rovers.  I had dinner at bosses apartment last night and I even saw a Farrari in the parking garage.  It was a real treat being in a nice apartment. 

As mentioned before the clinic is getting a facelift.  Here is the reception area.

And another great staff house meal today.  Dinner and wine last night was a bit better. 

Finally I made a local friend today in my office.  He looks pretty skinny so I put a dead mosquito in front of him. If he is around tomorrow, it gets a name.  There is not really any wildlife in Luanda outside some birds, bats, rats, cats and dogs running around. 

Yes, this is good entertainment for me here. Actually it is a very interesting culture and pleasent people. 
Adeus





1 comment:

  1. Glad you are circulating more and becoming more familiar with the surrounds! Hope your new friend enjoys your nutritious gift!

    ReplyDelete