Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday in paradise

Usually I will work Sundays but not today.  
I worked out and tried to get back to the Iliad area.  Got dropped off and walked around for couple of hours, had lunch and tried not to think about the smells. But things are ever changing here for the better.  

Had pizza for lunch- see what happens later I guess since my stomach is still adjusting to different foods. 
At least I got out and made it back. 
Off to malongo in the DRC early tomorrow for the week. 
People live all over. In these boats for example. On little areas on the beach. 
You can see lots of tankers and cargo ships out there.  Major shipping port that supplies goods and products all over. Great advances to infrastructure are occurring here for the better.  


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,
    I like the travel log but it needs amplification. For instance what is DRC? The pizza looks very appetizing, perhaps less so to Alan with all the mushrooms. What else was garnishing it? The seafood you photographed at the market also needs captions. I think I recognized octopus but nothing else. Regardless it isn't Kansas! Continue to soak up the experience and embrace the unusual, but with some caution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will work on that. Democratic republic of Congo.
    They have lots of cuttlefish here which was on my plate too. Kind of like conche in the Bahamas.
    Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that pizza is the grossest pic posted yet. Didn't know Malongo was in Congo.

    ReplyDelete