Sunday, July 13, 2014

Africa lesson

I think I should learn something about where I am heading and many people have asked me since most don't know much about Angola.
Hope this begins to help...
  • Africa- the 2nd largest and 2nd most populous continent in the world
  • The Republic of Angola- 
    • Portuguese is the official language
    • They experienced a devastating civil war from 1975-2002
    • From 2001-2010 Angola had the highest annual average GDP growth 
    • Diamond and Oil are the primary revenue streams
    • Luanda is the capital (where I will be most of the time)
    • Luanda was rated the most expensive city in the world for expats
    • There is an annual Jazz Festival in late July-August
    • Malaria is one of the biggest threats to visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment