Friday, December 5, 2014

Local Working Experience

As previously noted, I am getting the more city working experience here. I feel so fortunate to work side by side with the locals and get the city street experience. 
Chicala Views below 

Our office views below

There are people selling about anything and everything on some streets. I have seen guys selling toilet seats and watches; coat hangers and hats; toilet paper and cell phone covers; flashlights and shoes.  Much more. I have heard most of it is legitimate and they buy the stuff and re-sell or represent stores and bring the product to the streets and traffic to sell. 

This guy can outfit your entire bathroom. 

A colleague told me many have some side business here.  And everything is a negotiation or barter.  

Most of the women seem to sell fruit or other items they can carry on their head. This baby was asleep through it all. 


I have bought a banana and orange from some of the fruit women but
I really am not sure about walking around with a basket of fish on your head all day in the sun. 

These women seem to be heading to a Tupperware party. 







1 comment:

  1. That tupperware carrying is quite impressive. Look at that traffic...

    ReplyDelete