Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Always something interesting

I'm always learning as each day I spend here can be unpredictable.  

One thing I like now are grilled bananas.  Women on the street set up grills made of tire rims. They grill em up and are good plain.  Someone told me to try with rum so last time home, I marinated bananas in baileys and brown sugar and then grilled them.  Really good. 

In Cabinda where we have a full functioning clinic with all the stops. Chevron is one of the major providers of care in Cabinda.  That's how Kaiser began, by offering healthcare to their workers on their large remote projects.  
From Cabinda its a 40 minute drive to malongo camp. Check in at hotel malongo. 
Hopefully get a good room. 

For me, I never get tired of nature and natural beauty.  I took an evening walk and came across the monkeys again. Never gets old. It's hard to argue that we did not evolve from them. 
The baby below ran into its mothers arms as I was walking by.  

Then dinner at the mess hall. They put out meals for thousands each day.  




1 comment: